The guiding force behind Woodland Discovery is Carolyn Walker. Carolyn is a creative educator of children with over 35 years teaching children and their parents. Her limitless experience includes:
- Steering Committee for development of WOW- World of Wonder Nature Program
- Fieldtrip leader for NCWF "The Great Outdoors University."
- Twelve years as the Lead Teacher at the Children’s Schoolhouse in Huntersville, NC, where she planned, coordinated and implemented all aspects of morning multi-age preschool and summer camp programs. Initiated, developed, implemented and taught Transitional Kindergarten. Supervised a team of three or four other teachers, coordinated parent volunteers, assessed children’s skills and development, and communicated with parents.
- Teacher at The Children’s Arts Project
- Presenter of teacher and parent workshops
- Girl Scout Leader
- Boy Scout Committee Chairman, Cub Scout Committee Chair, Committee Member, Den Leader, District Day Camp Organizer
- Regional and local church youth leader and teacher, Young Women ages 12-17
- Regional and local church children’s program leader and teacher, ages 3-11
- Admissions & Executive Board - Lake Norman Charter School
- PTA Board Member - Cornelius Elementary
- Board Secretary - North Mecklenburg Soccer Association
- Church organist, Music Coordinator and piano teacher, including organizing recitals